The museum is now open for the season. Come along and see the changes we made over the winter!
Step back to the ‘60s
The days of pirate radio
RNXS25 – telling the story of the Felixstowe Unit from its inauguration in 1962
Children’s activity corner (new)
Commemoration of the local peace celebrations in 1919
Updated – the story of the local men in 67th Medium Rgt RA (TA)
Our evening talks programme continues throughout the year with a break for August and September. These informative monthly meetings are held at Broadway House (Orwell Road) in conjunction with Felixstowe Family History Society. See below for details.
FELIXSTOWE MUSEUM DINO TRAIL
Join in the Summer fun, with the quiz trail around Felixstowe Museum.
Search for the dinosaurs, solve the clues and get a yummy reward.
Also some dino activities to enjoy too!
Runs every Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday (31 July to 1 September).
Children £3.00. Adults £2.00.
The Suffolk Vehicle Enthusiasts Club once again bring their wonderful cars to display in the grounds at Felixstowe Museum. This event is free but usual admission to the museum applies.
As part of Heritage Open Days Felixstowe Museum will be open to the public free of charge for this day only.
Learn about your local history and heritage, and how you can volunteer too.
Last admission to the museum: 1630 hrs.
Jane A Stone tells us about her ‘Life as a Harwich Pilot’
All welcome. Doors open at 7pm
A fun-packed afternoon of gentle chills and thrills!
– Spooky magic show with Steff and Nonsense.
– Spooky crafts and colouring-in.
– Spooky quiz trails around the museum.
– See the museum decorated spooky-style with plenty of surprises and treats.
– Come in fancy dress… with prizes to be won!
Please note: the spooky magic shows will run from 1230-1315 and 1400-1445. On arrival attendees will be given a coloured sticker to indicate which show they are attending.
This event is suitable for children aged 2-12 years.
– Younger or older children may attend at parent’s discretion.
– Children aged one and under free.
– All children must be accompanied by an adult.
– All activities included in the one price.
You must pre-book in advance for this event – NO tickets available on the door.
Children £7.00. Adults £2.00.
TICKETS CAN BE BOOKED ONLINE LATER IN THE YEAR
Disclaimer – please read this information carefully
– Attendance is at your own risk.
– Children may come in fancy dress.
– Although we have done everything to ensure your safety whilst attending this event, historic properties can be hazardous so please take care and ensure children in your care are supervised at all times.
– Parents/guardians are responsible for ensuring children in their care are not exposed to experiences that are upsetting or harmful to the child.
There are no refunds for persons wishing to cancel or leave the event early.